The American Council on Addiction Alcohol Problems (ACAAP) coordinates the actions of its member organizations in national legislative and educational efforts. ACAAP also serves as a clearinghouse for ideas and information sharing among its members, and provides research materials and technical assistance.
The benefits of affiliation with ACAAP include:
- Identity as
part of a unified national voice advocating abstinence.
in a fellowship of mutual support designed to encourage, edify, and equip
leaders who deal with alcohol problems.
- Annual two-day national Board of Directors meeting featuring prominent experts speaking on alcohol policy issues; “How-to" workshops and seminars; reports from state, denominational, and fraternal affiliates; and networking with leaders in alcohol problems field.
- National periodical: The American Issue
- National public awareness programs (in cooperation with other agencies)
- Educational program development.
- 2012 Town Hall Meetings to Prevent Underage Drinking
- 2012 National Survey of Drug Use and Health
- 2013 Executive Summary of the Report to Congress on the Prevention of Underage Drinking
- Click here for the full Report to Congress on the Prevention of Underage Drinking
- American Character Builders - Download Free Prevention Resources for Parents and Educators
- Illinois Church Action on Alcohol and Addiction Problems (ILCAAAP) - Resources for Parents & Educators
- Foundation for Alcohol Education - Funding for organizations that educate young people about the dangers of alcohol and drugs.
- Alcohol Problems Council of Wisconsin - Promoting abstinence from alcohol through informational resources, scholarships, and grants